Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm home!

Life is back to normal. My cousin's graduation party was a ton of fun and the cookies I brought were a hit! I made peanut butter cookies with a chocolate topping and cranberry oatmeal cookies with a white chocolate topping. Yum! I'll be sharing the recipes soon.




Mackinac Island was a ton of fun as always. I can't believe how fast the trip went. We rode bikes, looked at historical landmarks, people watched from our balcony, ate at fancy restaurants, took a carriage ride and bought a lot of fudge. And I took over 500 photos... Which means I've got a lot of sorting and editing to do. I'll be sharing some of those soon!





When I got home from Mackinac Nathan's brother and his girlfriend were already here visiting from Sweden. They will be in the US for a couple weeks but they were with us for only a few days. They brought us some awesome vintage Swedish comics and a bunch of candy! Yum.

They spent most of their time exploring the city while Nathan and I stayed in. We had a lot of laundry and grocery shopping to do. Plus I was exhausted from my trip.

So this week I've got some recipes and vacation photos to share. My crochet flags are coming along nicely and I have my fingers crossed that they will be finished by Wednesday for the 4th...!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies sound and look amazing!!!! Mmmm.

    The little houses in your picture are adorable, what a nice photo :-)

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies were soooo good! I spent an entire day researching ingredients and techniques to make dense chewy cookies and it really paid off. I even did a few (small) practice batches to test out some of the theories with great results!! I'll be sharing the recipes soon!!

      And nearly every house on Mackinac Island looks like a real life doll house. It really is a magical place!!

      Thanks for stopping by!! : )

      Delete
  2. You truly have a lovely blog here--the pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete